Man Arrested for Human Trafficking
FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) - A Houston man has been arrested at a southwest Florida hotel on human trafficking charges.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office says Sael Nathaniel Williams was arrested Saturday at the Travel Lodge in Fort Myers.
Investigators say Williams forced a female victim to engage in prostitution by advertising services online.
According to detectives, the victim attempted to escape several times. Each time she was met with violence and in some cases was transported out of state and forced to engage in sex acts.
Williams was charged with five human trafficking-related charges.
The investigation is ongoing. Detectives are working to identify jurisdictions and locations out of state associated with the crime.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hawthorne Man Arrested in Connection to Human Trafficking Case
- Woman Charged with Human Trafficking Denies Accusations
- Deputies bust suspected human trafficking ring in Columbia County
- Human Trafficking Problem
- Human Trafficking is a Prevalent Problem in North Central Florida
- Speaking Out About Dark Moments, Human Trafficking
- Human Trafficking in Marion County
- Human Trafficking in Gainesville
- Community hopes to end Human Trafficking in Alachua County
- FEDS: 6 remanded after human trafficking sting