Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Growing Gardens: Roses
University of Florida IFAS
Alachua County Extension Office
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Address: 2800 NE 39th Avenue, Gainesville, FL 32609-2658
Telephone: 352-955-2402 (Voice)
TDD: 352/955-2406 (Hearing Impaired)
Knock Out, Drift, and Miniature Roses:
Knock Out Roses is a compact shrub rose and is resistant to black-spots. The blooms on this rose are fire engine red in cool weather and cherry red in the summer months. The foliage is a dark purplish green and turns to burgundy in the fall. Knock Out Roses can easily grow to be more than 3-4' wide x 3-4' tall.
Drift Roses are a cross between full-sized ground cover roses and miniature roses. They have toughness, disease resistance and winter hardiness. They continue to bloom from spring to frost and they bloom every 5-6 weeks. They range in size from 2-3' wide x 1 1/2' tall.
Miniature Roses are to be planted in all-purpose potting soil and need adequate drainage. Grow in sunny areas such as on windowsill or in full sunlight outside. Pinch out new growth to encourage the plant to bush out. This creates a full plant with abundant foliage.
- 6/6/12 Growing Gardens: Cut Bouquet
- 7/25/12 Growing Gardens: Caladiums
- 8/22/12 Growing Gardens: Grapes
- 9/19/12 Growing Gardens: Winter Vegetables
- 10/10/12 Growing Gardens: Mums
- 10/24/12 Growing Gardens: Ornamental Grass
- 11/7/12 Growing Gardens: Winter Annuals
- 11/21/12 Growing Gardens: Camellias
- 12/5/12 Growing Gardens: Poinsettias
- Growing Gardens 2/29/12