Cell Phones Affecting Sleep
If you have trouble sleeping, try turning off your cell phone before you get into bed. A new study found people exposed to cell phone radiation had problems sleeping. Each night they lost about eight minutes of deep sleep -- the type of sleep where the body repairs itself.Â
Researchers propose several explanations for their findings. One is that cell phone use may cause changes in brain areas that activate stress.Â Another theory is that radiation may affect production of the hormone that regulates your internal clock. The findings are still preliminary.Â Â
Think twice before you chow that burger and fries.Â Adults who eat more than two servings of meat and fried foods a day, have a 25% higher chance of developing metabolic syndrome compared to people who eat meat twice a week.Â Â Â
Metabolic syndrome risk factors include high blood pressure, increased waist size, high cholesterol and fasting glucose levels. Three or more risk factors raise your risk for diabetes and heart disease.Â
- Your Health: Tips For Better Sleep
- Today's Health: Sleep Apnea Linked To Sudden Cardiac Death
- Body fat affects stress response
- Medical Spotlight 6/13/11 "Regenerating Brain Cells"
- Alachua County Employees Say Biomass Plant Is Negatively Affecting Their Health
- Police Now Need Warrant To Search Cell Phones, Locals Weigh In
- Cell Phone Leades to Murder Arrest
- State Lawmakers Promoting Ban on Cell Phone Use Among Teenage Drivers
- Cell Phone Scammer Jailed
- Does Cell Phone Use Cause Cancer?