â€œOh my goodness. Let's get started.â€
Up until now, getting started at
clearing the clutter from her house has been a daunting task for
â€œIt's stressful coming in the house
and you've got junk everywhere and you're like, "Okay, I don't
even know where to begin."
Kimberley began by hiring a
professional household organizer to help get the job done.
â€œI said, 'We start in the first two
feet and we just keep moving around the room.'â€
Taking one corner or one box at a time
is what some psychologists recommend for relieving the stress of a
Doctors say when you're under a
sustained period of stress like that, the body releases chemicals
like Cortisol that actually decrease your immune functioning and can
lead to more vulnerability for health problems.
In Kimberley's case, she wasn't
sleeping well. But after two hours spent cleaning out the garage, she
felt the burden being lifted.
â€œIt's big relief, like a big sigh.
You can take a nice little deep breath.â€
A deep breath and a clear path -- free
- Split Liver Transplants Helping To Close The Organ Donor Gap
- Interview With Dr. Besser on Organ Donation and Facebook
- 10/15/12 Fitzness Minute: Get into the CrossFit Craze
- Back to School Means Back to Germs, Getting Vaccinated Today
- Alachua County Schools Are Getting A Visit From the Dentist
- 5/13/13 Fitzness Minute: Don't Move, Get Fit
- Weight Loss Drug Belviq Gets Overdue US Launch
- 8/5/13 Fitzness Minute: Get Moving with Dance Games
- Getting the Sleep you Need
- Getting Pregnant