Medical Spotlight 5/31/10 "Duchenne Research"
Its a disease that attacks small boys--and usually kills them by the age of 20. Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy is the most common type of muscular dystrophy. There's no cure for it but researchers in North Central Florida have just received some major cash to take a big step forward.
In the Medical Spotlight, Krista Vandenborne, Ph.D., Chair of the Department of Physical Therapy at the University of Florida, tells TV 20's David Snyder how researchers hope Magnetic Resonance Imaging will give them a clearer picture of how to fight Duchenne.
- Medical Spotlight 1/24/11 "Hemophilia Research"
- Medical Spotlight: One Florida Clinical Research Consortium
- Medical Spotlight 3/29/10 "Incontinence Sling"
- Medical Spotlight 4/12/10 "Cord Blood Stem Cells"
- Medical Spotlight 4/19/10 "Matching Stem Cell Donors"
- Medical Spotlight 4/26/10 "Robotic Gastric Bypass Surgery"
- Medical Spotlight 5/3/10 "Nursing Shortage"
- Medical Spotlight 5/10/10 "Brain Tumor Treatment"
- Medical Spotlight 5/17/10 "Airstrip OB"
- Medical Spotlight 5/24/10 "Youth Sports Injuries"