Medical Spotlight 11/29/10 "Statins Before Surgery"
Major invasive surgery is hard enough on a body. Often times, the aftermath is even more difficult. Some of the serious complications after surgery include heart attacks and death.
Doctors, however, are beginning to recognize an easy way to dramatically cut down on the danger.
In the Medical Spotlight, Anthony Bavry, M.D., an Interventional Cardiologist at Shands at UF and the Gainesville V.A. hospital, explains to TV 20's David Snyder how a drug created for one purpose is being used for something completely different.
- Medical Spotlight 4/26/10 "Robotic Gastric Bypass Surgery"
- Medical Spotlight 1/3/11 "Qualifying For Lap Band Surgery"
- Medical Spotlight 4/25/11 "Pelvic Prolapse Surgery"
- Medical Spotlight 5/2/11 "Robotic Surgery"
- Medical Spotlight 7/11/11 "Parathyroid Surgery"
- Medical Spotlight 7/26/10 "Lung Surgery By Video"
- Medical Spotlight: Single-Site Surgery
- Medical Spotlight: Makoplasty Adds Precision to Knee Replacement Surgery
- Medical Spotlight 3/29/10 "Incontinence Sling"
- Medical Spotlight 4/12/10 "Cord Blood Stem Cells"