Medical Spotlight 1/10/11 "Prescription Pill Abuse"
Just before Christmas, dozens of people were arrested for shopping--not for ugly sweaters...shopping for illegal drugs. 135 people were arrested across North Florida in "Operation Growing Pains."
By most estimates, prescription pill popping is an epidemic.
In the Medical Spotlight, Scott Teitelbaum, Medical Director of the Florida Recovery Center, Chief of the Addiction Medicine Division and Vice Chair of the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Florida tells TV 20's David Snyder why there are different ways of looking at those who were arrested.
- Medical Spotlight 4/18/11 "Alcohol Abuse"
- Medical Spotlight: Prescription PainKillers
- Medical Spotlight: Weight Loss Pills
- Medical Spotlight: Drug abuse on the rise
- Medical Spotlight 6/13/11 "Regenerating Brain Cells"
- Medical Spotlight 6/20/11 "Heat Illness"
- Medical Spotlight 6/27/11 "New Pediatric ER"
- Medical Spotlight 7/4/11 "Heart Replacement Testing"
- Medical Spotlight 7/11/11 "Parathyroid Surgery"
- Medical Spotlight 7/18/11 "Liver Cancer Treatment"