Medical Spotlight 1/10/11 "Prescription Pill Abuse"
Just before Christmas, dozens of people were arrested for shopping--not for ugly sweaters...shopping for illegal drugs. 135 people were arrested across North Florida in "Operation Growing Pains."
By most estimates, prescription pill popping is an epidemic.
In the Medical Spotlight, Scott Teitelbaum, Medical Director of the Florida Recovery Center, Chief of the Addiction Medicine Division and Vice Chair of the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Florida tells TV 20's David Snyder why there are different ways of looking at those who were arrested.
- Medical Spotlight 4/18/11 "Alcohol Abuse"
- Medical Spotlight: Prescription PainKillers
- Medical Spotlight: Weight Loss Pills
- Medical Spotlight DRUG ABUSE ON THE RISE
- Medical Spotlight 4/25/11 "Pelvic Prolapse Surgery"
- Medical Spotlight 5/2/11 "Robotic Surgery"
- Medical Spotlight 5/9/11 "Kidney Stones"
- Medical Spotlight 5/16/11 "Treating Movement Disorders"
- Medical Spotlight 5/23/11 "Family Care Changes"
- Medical Spotlight 5/30/11 "Cancer Protein"