Medical Spotlight 4/18/11 "Alcohol Abuse"
When we talk about "lifestyles of the rich and famous," we all too often are referring to the face that someone has been caught doing deeds while drunk.
From Lindsay Lohan to Miguel Cabrera to Mel Gibson, a long line of apparent abusers have sent the wrong message about using alcohol. So, which signals should loved ones look for to get someone help before they spiral out of control?
In the Medical Spotlight Scott Teitelbaum, Medical Director of the Florida Recovery Center and Chief of the Addiction Medicine Division in the Department of Psychiatry at UF, tells TV 20's David Snyder what people can do to recognize alcohol abuse and what to do about it.
- Medical Spotlight 1/10/11 "Prescription Pill Abuse"
- Medical Spotlight DRUG ABUSE ON THE RISE
- Medical Spotlight 2/7/11 "Diagnosing Heart Attacks"
- Medical Spotlight 2/14/11 "Life's Simple 7"
- Medical Spotlight 2/28/11 "Sudden Death Episodes"
- Medical Spotlight 3/14/11 "High Tech Colonoscopies"
- Medical Spotlight 3/28/11 "Single Incision Hysterectomy"
- Medical Spotlight 4/4/11 "Comprehensive Stroke Care"
- Medical Spotlight 4/11/11 "Understanding Breast Cancer Treatment"
- Medical Spotlight 4/25/11 "Pelvic Prolapse Surgery"