Medical Spotlight 7/11/11 "Parathyroid Surgery"
Eenie meenie minie moe. It wasn't complete guesswork, but in parathyroid surgery, doctors sometimes were less than sure they were removing the right gland.
In the Medical Spotlight, Ann Glowasky, M.D., an Ears, Nose & Throat surgeon with Accent Physicians associated with North Florida Regional Medical Center explains to TV 20's David Snyder how surgeons' degree of confidence is much closer to 100-percent.
For more information, cut and paste this url: http://www.accentmd.com/florida-ent/ent-services.html#thyroid
- Medical Spotlight 4/26/10 "Robotic Gastric Bypass Surgery"
- Medical Spotlight 11/29/10 "Statins Before Surgery"
- Medical Spotlight 1/3/11 "Qualifying For Lap Band Surgery"
- Medical Spotlight 4/25/11 "Pelvic Prolapse Surgery"
- Medical Spotlight 5/2/11 "Robotic Surgery"
- Medical Spotlight: Single-Site Surgery
- Medical Spotlight 7/26/10 "Lung Surgery By Video"
- Medical Spotlight: Makoplasty Adds Precision to Knee Replacement Surgery
- Medical Spotlight: Robotic Surgeries
- Medical Spotlight 6/13/11 "Regenerating Brain Cells"