Medical Spotlight 7/18/11 "Liver Cancer Treatment"
Its a medical diagnosis that spells danger for patients. Advanced liver cancer usually can't be cured.
That was the case for baseball slugger Mickey Mantle.
A new study by researchers in North Central Florida may succeed in makinig a significant difference for people now battling liver cancer.
In the Medical Spotlight, Ron Cabrera, M.D., an Assistant Professor in the UF College of Medicine, tells TV 20's David Snyder how two existing treatments may work even better for patients if they are used together.
- Medical Spotlight 4/11/11 "Understanding Breast Cancer Treatment"
- Medical Spotlight 5/10/10 "Brain Tumor Treatment"
- Technology Spotlight 4/26/11 "3rd World Cervical Cancer Treatment"
- Medical Spotlight 9/26/11 "Stroke Treatment Study"
- Medical Spotlight 9/12/11 "Fighting Prostate Cancer"
- Medical Spotlight 10/3/11 "Managing Cancer"
- Medical Spotlight 8/2/10 "HIV Treatment Advances"
- Medical Spotlight: Breastfeeding and Breast Cancer
- Residents ask county for "livable wages"
- Medical Spotlight: Preventing Colorectal Cancer