Medical Spotlight 7/4/11 "Heart Replacement Testing"
Its a heartwarming story of a golfing underdog--Erik Compton--a two time heart replacement survivor who won the Mexico Open a weekend ago.
While Compton focuses on his short game...his doctors are focused on monitoring his donated heart.
Researchers here in North Central Florida may have found a better way to do it.
In the Medical Spotlight, Brandy Patterson, a former Cardiology Fellow at Shands (now heading to the University of Pennsylvania), tells TV 20's David Snyder why doctors may no longer have to take a biopsy to check whether Compton's body is rejecting the donor organ.
- Medical Spotlight 8/9/10 "Heart Attack Response Time"
- Medical Spotlight 1/17/11 "Hip Replacement"
- Medical Spotlight 2/7/11 "Diagnosing Heart Attacks"
- Medical Spotlight: Understanding Heart Health
- Medical Spotlight 3/29/10 "Incontinence Sling"
- Medical Spotlight 4/12/10 "Cord Blood Stem Cells"
- Medical Spotlight 4/19/10 "Matching Stem Cell Donors"
- Medical Spotlight 4/26/10 "Robotic Gastric Bypass Surgery"
- Medical Spotlight 5/3/10 "Nursing Shortage"
- Medical Spotlight 5/10/10 "Brain Tumor Treatment"