New Labels On Drug Bottles Warn Patients
The FDA announced the entire class of statin drugs will get new labels that alert the public to safety concerns.
Statins, used to lower high cholesterol, will now come with a warning that they can cause memory loss and confusion.
The new labels will also warn doctors and patients that the type of drug can cause an increase in blood sugar levels and increase the risk of type two diabetes.
Nearly 32 million Americans are on statins, such as lipitor.
- New Nutrition Labels on Meat
- New Study: Breast Cancer Patients Want More Involvement in Treatment
- Heart Transplant Patient Has New Lease on Life
- Ventricular Assist Device Gives New Hope To Patients With Heart Failure
- New Coffee Study
- Your Health: Starting On New Year's Resolutions
- Lung Transplants Offer New Hope For Some Cystic Fibrosis Patients
- New Drug Suppliers to Ease Two Cancer Drug Shortages
- 12/31/12 Fitzness: Apps to Help you Meet New Year's Goals
- New Study Connects Women and Citrus Fruit