Medical Spotlight With Dr. Maher Baz
The need for life-saving organs is greater than the number available for transplantation.
Each day, 18 people will die waiting for an organ, but just one donor can help as many as 8 people on the waiting list.
UF&Shands Lung Transplant Program Director Doctor Maher Baz joined us on Tuesday to discuss why someone should consider registering to be an organ donor.
- Split Liver Transplants Helping To Close The Organ Donor Gap
- Medical Spotlight: Preventing Lung Disease
- Medical Spotlight: Kidney Transplant Program
- Medical Spotlight: Sepsis 9/28
- Identity Theft Ring Compromises UF&Shands Patient Records
- Medical Spotlight: National Blood Donor Month
- Medical Spotlight: Lung Cancer Screening
- Medical Spotlight: Interdisciplinary Family Health
- Lung Transplants Offer New Hope For Some Cystic Fibrosis Patients
- Breathing easier after lung transplant