UF Health Opens Gainesville's Newest Emergency Room
Gainesville, Fla. -- You can't plan on having an emergency, but soon, some North Central Floridians can plan on visiting a new emergency room.
UF Health officials celebrated the grand opening of the new UF Health Shands Emergency center at Springhill Wednesday morning with a ribbon cutting and tours of the new facility.
The 24 hour ER clinic is located on the 8000 block of Northwest 39th Avenue, an area with a growing population and an opportunity for expansion.
"The population in Gainesville and Alachua county is growing in the Northwest," President of UF Health Dr. David Guzick said, "and in order for those individuals to have convenient and easy access to emergency care we want it to be close to where they live and work."
The center will staff six new physicians, and more than 80 other employees as nurses and staff members.
The center will be officially open to the public August 1st.
- New emergency room to benefit patients and rescue workers
- Urgent Care Vs. Going to the Emergency Room
- North Central Florida distillery opening Gainesville tasting room
- Free health clinic in Gainesville celebrates grand opening
- Text Messaging in Three Regional Emergency Rooms.
- Newly renovated Gainesville Health and Fitness Women's Center opens
- UF Health expands emergency care to Southwest Gainesville
- Balance 180 Opening Doors For Young Athletes
- Your Health: Alzheimer's Awareness Month
- Your Health: Women's Wellness In The New Year