Car Crash in Lake City
Published May 2nd, 2014
LAKE CITY-- A Lake City family is in mourning after a crash on US-27 killed a four-month-old child.
According to state troopers, Charles Giddens of Fort White was stopped on the shoulder of westbound US-27, attempting to make a u-turn.
He then was struck by Thomas Ingram of Lake City.
Giddens rolled onto the south shoulder and hit a sign.
Ingram came to rest in the eastbound lane.
The 4-month-old boy in Ingram's car was taken to Lake City Medical Center and later died of his injuries.
Troopers say the child wasn't strapped in properly.
- Driver hurt, kids OK in Lake City school bus crash
- Lake City woman killed in early morning crash
- New policies at Lake City daycare
- The City Of Gainesville Exploring A Street Car System
- Search For Missing Lake City Skydiver Turns Into Recovery Operation
- Man Says Devil Made Him Assault Girl According to Lake City Police
- Accused Rapist Arrested in Lake City
- Lake City Officer Fired
- Lake City Officer Cleared in Shooting
- Lake City Man Arrested for Child Abuse