Gainesville Fisher House Opens Facility At Malcolm Randall VA Medical Center
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- The Gainesville Fisher House Foundation is celebrating the opening and dedication of their new facility at the Malcom Randall VA Medical Center.
The dedication, taking place at 10 a.m. Friday, May 16th, will showcase the new 20-suite facility that will serve the more than 130,000 military members and veterans across 50 counties that depend on Gainesville’s medical center.
Rick and Patti Fabiani with the Gainesville Fisher House Foundation stopped by Morning Edition to talk about the new facility, and what it will mean for local veterans.
The Fisher House is a unique private public partnership that supports America's military by offering a home away from home during care and treatment. Families receive much-needed support and do not pay for their stay. This facility has been several years in the making, and the Fabianis say continued support is always needed for the foundation.
- Three suspended for paper waiting list at Gainesville VA
- No bedside emergency buttons, few nurses on locked VA psych ward
- New Medical Center Opening in Southwest Gainesville
- New Fisher House Dedicated in Gainesville
- Fisher House Project in Gainesville
- Alachua County 4H Holding Open House
- Holiday Surprise For Patients At The VA Hospital
- Rainy Weather Doesn't Stop Annual VA Charity Walk
- Malcom Randall Medical Center Under Review
- Sesame Street Live: Can't Stop Singing Comes To Gainesville