Gainesville Fisher House Opens Facility At Malcolm Randall VA Medical Center
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- The Gainesville Fisher House Foundation is celebrating the opening and dedication of their new facility at the Malcom Randall VA Medical Center.
The dedication, taking place at 10 a.m. Friday, May 16th, will showcase the new 20-suite facility that will serve the more than 130,000 military members and veterans across 50 counties that depend on Gainesville’s medical center.
Rick and Patti Fabiani with the Gainesville Fisher House Foundation stopped by Morning Edition to talk about the new facility, and what it will mean for local veterans.
The Fisher House is a unique private public partnership that supports America's military by offering a home away from home during care and treatment. Families receive much-needed support and do not pay for their stay. This facility has been several years in the making, and the Fabianis say continued support is always needed for the foundation.
- New Medical Center Opening in Southwest Gainesville
- Malcom Randall Medical Center Under Review
- Grand Opening for Emergency Operations Center---In the Nick of Time
- Cancer Center Grand Opening
- Archer Celebrates Grand Opening of Community Center
- Fisher House Project in Gainesville
- New Fisher House Dedicated in Gainesville
- The Cancer Center Opens at North Florida Regional Medical Center
- Three suspended for paper waiting list at Gainesville VA
- Future of Munroe Regional Medical Center Uncertain