Local Chef Starts Cross-Country Culinary Adventure
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Spencer Crews is on a mission to bring home to Gainesville all the best flavors the country has to offer.
The local chef is in the process of starting The National Food Truck, and embarking on a journey to 12 cities around the US looking for signature dishes from each.
He's started a Kickstarter campaign to raise $30,000 to help fund the truck, and a documentary of the trip, The National Food Truck: Twelve. Crews says he hopes a documentary would shed light on working in the restaurant industry as well as highlight local food scenes from around the country.
They're hosting an event Friday, May 2nd at The Midnight, 223 S Main St. in Gainesville, to serve up a few test dishes similar to what they'll be adding to the truck's menu.
- American Red Cross Seeking Donations For Victims of Hurricane Sandy
- Duck Dynasty's Miss Kay Talks Faith, Family & Food
- Cross Country Motorcyclists Return from Charity Ride
- Rollerblading Cross- Country for Charity
- Food Prices Could Rise if the Country Hits the Debt Ceiling
- Woman Sells Her Baby for a Truck
- Truck Driver Survives Precarious Situation
- Bugs Used To Color Food Products
- Downtown Summer Jams And Now Food Truck Friday As Well
- Gainesville Officials Allowing More Food Truck Events