Marion County Sheriffs Upgrade Stun Guns
Published May 12th, 2014
The Marion County Sheriff's Office is getting an upgrade after having to originally discontinue their stun guns.
The Sheriff's Office canceled their electronic weapons use in early February after Karbon arms was sued for copyright infringement.
Now the weapons have been replaced.
A total of 186 stun guns were purchased from TASER international along with batteries, holsters and two cartridges.
The total bill for the tasers, over two-hundred and thirty thousand dollars.
- Gun buy-back program in Marion County stirs conversation
- Marion County sheriff's deputies looking for suspect after patrol cars burglarized, guns stolen
- Armed Woman Robs Bank in Marion County
- Marion county man found shot to death in car
- Deputies Forced to Stop Using Stun Guns
- MCSO Increases Amount of Assets Seized from Criminal Suspects
- Williston Man Exchanges Gunfire with MCSO SWAT Team
- MCSO Warns of "Buckin"
- Judge Rules MCSO Deputies Used Excessive Force on Joshua Salvato, Grants Wrongful Death Award
- MCSO deputy slated as DPD interim police chief