Marion County Sheriffs Upgrade Stun Guns
Published May 12th, 2014
The Marion County Sheriff's Office is getting an upgrade after having to originally discontinue their stun guns.
The Sheriff's Office canceled their electronic weapons use in early February after Karbon arms was sued for copyright infringement.
Now the weapons have been replaced.
A total of 186 stun guns were purchased from TASER international along with batteries, holsters and two cartridges.
The total bill for the tasers, over two-hundred and thirty thousand dollars.
- MCSO investigates suspicious death
- Deputies Forced to Stop Using Stun Guns
- MCSO: Remembering fallen deputy Brian Litz
- Williston Man Exchanges Gunfire with MCSO SWAT Team
- MCSO launches crime notification system for businesses
- MCSO Shooting
- MCSO deputy awarded medal after saving a Summerfield man's life
- MCSO: Ocala man promoted girl for sex on internet
- MCSO Home Invasion
- MCSO Increases Amount of Assets Seized from Criminal Suspects