Marion County Sheriffs Upgrade Stun Guns
Published May 12th, 2014
The Marion County Sheriff's Office is getting an upgrade after having to originally discontinue their stun guns.
The Sheriff's Office canceled their electronic weapons use in early February after Karbon arms was sued for copyright infringement.
Now the weapons have been replaced.
A total of 186 stun guns were purchased from TASER international along with batteries, holsters and two cartridges.
The total bill for the tasers, over two-hundred and thirty thousand dollars.
- Gun buy-back program in Marion County stirs conversation
- Marion Co. Man Reported Missing, Family Fears for His Safety
- Armed Woman Robs Bank in Marion County
- Marion county man found shot to death in car
- 11th Suspicious Letter Received in Marion County
- Deputies Forced to Stop Using Stun Guns
- Citra Murder Suspect Apprehended, Given No Bond
- Deputies Looking for Missing Woman in Marion County
- Marion County Deputy Arrested
- Marion County Sheriff's Citizens Academy Back After 12 Years