Fire Marshal Investigating Several Suspicious Fires in Marion County
CITRA, Fla. - The State Fire Marshal's Office is investigating several suspicious fires in Citra. Forty firefighters battled four different fires on Sunday morning, all of which occured in vacant mobile homes in the Lake and Meadows community.
In the first fire, a shed was engulfed in flames and a nearby home was also set ablaze. Firefighters got the fire under control in less than 20 minutes. The second fire encased another home in flames and took more than a half hour to put out.
In the last two fires, the homes were fully involved and could not be saved.
There were no injuries.
- Man Dies in Citra House Fire
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations
- Environmental Officials Investigate Fuel Tank Leak at Marion County Fire Station
- Investigation Shows Fuel Spill at Marion County Fire Rescue Station Larger than First Reported
- GPD Investigating Suspicious Death
- Suspicious Letters Scare in Marion County
- Suspicious Packages Identified in Marion County
- 11th Suspicious Letter Received in Marion County
- Several Marion County Students Look Forward To Summer School
- Undercover Investigation Arrests Two in Columbia County