Medical Group Under Fire by Gay Rights Activists
The Southern Poverty Law Center, a non-profit known for legally representing victims of hate has deemed the American College of Pediatricians out of Gainesville, a hate group. The medical group believes society should support the two-parent, father-mother family unit.
Gay rights activists view this postion as dangerous to gay youth. Terry Fleming, Co-President of the Pride Community Center of North Central Florida says, "It's dangerous to children who are coming out and trying to come to terms with that. And the treatment that they receive in schools is often affected by the Pseudo-Science that the group such as the ACP put out."
Dr. Tom Benton, a 25-year Pediatrician in Gainesville and past President of ACP says that they do not impose their beliefs onto other patients and respect their decisions.
- Local Gay Activist Questions Medical Group
- Gainesville Gay Rights Activists Celebrate SCOTUS Decision on Steps of City Hall
- Gay Rights Group in Gainesville
- UF fraternity under fire for disrespecting veterans
- Animal Rights Activists Fight to Get Dogs Off Chains
- Ocala street renamed after Civil Rights activist
- Signing Of Anti-Gay Law Brings Fears Of Violence Against Gays In Uganda
- Gun Rights Group Sues UF
- Animal Rights Group Files Complaint Against UF
- Gainesville Property Management Group Under Investigation