Principal of the Year from North Florida
Published June 13th, 2014
The Florida Association of School Administrators just named their principal of the year, and it is West Port High's own Jayne Ellspermann.
In her past nine years at West Port, she has helped raise their test scores to new heights.
Ellspermann also has been fundamental in bringing a "power hour" to the school, which helps students make informed choices about clubs and activities.
Since coming to the school, she has also started a program that helps students earn their associates degree before they graduate high school.
Currently, West Port has the highest test scores in the district.
- Ocala Principal Receives National Award
- Earning Associates Degrees in High School
- Sports Overtime: High School Football Roundup
- Sports Overtime: High School Football Roundup- Week Three
- Daughter And Father Save Three Teens From Burning Car
- North Central Florida Schools Rank High On FCAT
- West Port Senior Killed in Crash
- Ocala Possibly Becoming an Inland Port
- Third Annual Empty Bowls Event Fighting Hunger in North Central Florida
- North Central Florida Man Arrested For Domestic Battery