Summer Heatwave Program Begins
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - The Summer Heatwave Program begins today!
The program is free for boys and girls, ages 13 to 19.
It's a partnership between City of Gainesville Parks and Recreation and the Gainesville Police Department.
For a month, Heatwave offers kids organized sports, pool parties, teen lounges, and a safe space during summer evenings.
Law enforcement says it is part of a community effort to try and help keep teens safe and keep crime low during the summertime.
- Summer Heatwave Program Tries To Reach 1,000 Kids With The Help Of Crowdfunding
- Summer Heatwave Hoping To Double Program Size
- City Of Gainesville Hosting Several Spring Time Events
- Gainesville Police Bring Helicopter, Canines to Show and Tell
- Free Summer Heatwave Basketball and Football Program In Gainesville
- Summer Meal Program Begins...
- Ocala Police Begin Halloween Impaired Driving Campaign
- Lake City Police Officer Shoots, Kills Armed Driver at DUI Checkpoint
- Gainesville Begins Identifying Priorities in Long-term Parks and Rec Plan
- Cone Park Playground Problems