21-Year-Old Man Drowns At Popular Dixie County Swimming Spot
According to Dixie County Sheriff's deputies, Grant Hatchett of Brunswick, Georgia, drowned at Bob's River Place early Tuesday afternoon.
Witnesses say that Hatchett was familiar with the location and had come to the water park with friends last year.
This was his first visit this year.
He had already used the swing once, earlier in the day, but on his second time he appeared to hit the water at an awkward angle.
Divers recovered his body from the river bottom.
Hatchett's body was taken to the Medical Examiner's Office in Gainesville, for an autopsy.
- Bob's River Place Waits For "To-Do List"
- 1-Year-Old Girl Drowns in Family's Swimming Pool
- Police Officer's 3-year-old Child Drowns
- 106-year-old Williston Man Votes
- 104-year-old Man Celebrates Birthday
- "Bob's River Place" Open For Play As Usual
- "Bob's River Place" Will Stay Open Upon Meeting Permits
- Residents Fight to Keep "Bob's River Place" Open
- 15-Year-Old Student Stabbed By 11-Year-Old
- Alachua County Man in Jail for Taking 3-year-old Boy