City of Gainesville Enrolling Now For Fall Youth Football, Cheerleading
GAINESIVLLE, Fla. -- Gainesville's Pop Warner cheerleading and football programs begin in August and it's not too late to get your child involved!
Program Coordinators Michelle Weydert and Dwright Dackson from The City of Gainesville's Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Affairs Department stopped by TV20's Morning Edition with more information.
The program works to improve kids on and off the field, focusing on teamwork, character, and academic achievement. Football players ages 5 to 15 compete against peers of similar age and size to avoid injury, and teams are formed without any tryouts or cutting of team rosters. Cheerleaders ages 5 to 15 compete at their league levels with the possibilty of advancing in regional and national competition. In 2013, the Gainesville Gator Junior Midget cheer squad took first place at regionals and fifth at nationals.
For more information visit the City of Gainesville's Youth Athletics page.
To find other Pop Warner leagues around North Central Florida, click here.
- Gainesville Man Who Was Involved In Shooting Now Behind Bars
- The City Of Gainesville Exploring A Street Car System
- City of Gainesville's Early Voting Starts Monday
- City Of Gainesville Hosting Several Spring Time Events
- Boy Falls from Panama City Balcony
- Clearwater Cheerleaders' Uniforms Deemed "Too Skimpy"
- Hillsborough Sheriff Donates Rehabilitated Horses To A Youth Ranch
- Gainesville To Open New Theater For Youth
- Sonlight Youth Choir and Band 2012 Benefit Concert
- Pregnant Mother Who Drove Van Of Kids Into Ocean Now Accused Of Punching Self In Stomach While Jailed