Gainesville Based Optym Celebrates Expansion
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - A Gainesville based company is marking a major milestone.
Optym provides planning and scheduling software to the transportation and logistics industry.
Monday, they held an event to celebrate taking ownership of their new corporate office building in Gainesville.
They currently employ more than 125 people at offices in Gainesville, Armenia, and India.
The Gainesville office will be the heart of the company, and they plan to hire about 100 employees here over the next five years.
Optym President and CEO Ravi Ahuja said, "In the future, we want to be the Google of transportation. I know we are small at this time, but Google was small at some point in time, our ambitions are big, we believe there is a huge need out there and we believe that we have the brainpower and the talent to meet this need."
Ahuja says many of the employees who will be hired will have a Ph.D. in Computer Science and he expects about 25 percent of those hired in Gainesville to come from UF.
- New FedEx Facility in Marion County to Create 100 Jobs
- Governor Scott visits Gainesville
- New Business Brings Jobs To Gainesville
- New Medical Center Opening in Southwest Gainesville
- New Major selected for Gainesville Police Department
- Gainesville Little Ones program celebrates is annual Christmas party
- Cade Museum celebrates expansion
- Santa Fe College Hosting Job Fair
- Bass Pro Shop holds job fair
- $415M expansion for Gainesville hospital set to begin