Congressman Yoho on Healthcare Legislation
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- He says it would fix ObamaCare.
Republican Representative Ted Yoho of North Central Florida announced today he will likely co-sponsor a new bill that would once again try to repeal and replace the existing Affordable Healthcare Act.
Yoho told members of the press he made the decision after talking with area medical professionals.
Yoho met with people from several pieces of the healthcare puzzle, everyone from patients to physicians to insurance agents.
He says he plans to co-sponsor HR 2300 - the Empowering Patients First Act - a bill that would replace the existing Affordable Care Act.
Yoho held the Third District Healthcare Advisory Council at the University of Florida's Straughn Center to discuss the impending impacts of ObamaCare.
He said many doctors he's talked to want to focus on preventative healthcare that keeps costs low, and focuses on the patients.
"There is a responsibility of the the patient, and we don't talk a lot about that," Yoho said, "I think in order to live in a free country, there has to be certain responsibilities people are willing to take on, and I think health care is a big portion of that, not just for themselves, but for their families."
The republican- led House of Representatives has voted 37 times to repeal ObamaCare, but those efforts have gone nowhere in the Senate, which is controlled by democrats.
Yoho would join 30 current co-sponsors of the bill, which is now in committee.
- ObamaCare Deadline March 31st, Extension For Some
- NCF Peanut Farmers Meet with Congressman Ted Yoho
- Congressman Ted Yoho Wins Republican Primary Elections
- Local Immigration Group Talks Immigration Reform With Congressman Ted Yoho
- Immigration Summit With Congressman Ted Yoho (Long Version)
- Newly-Elected Congressman Ted Yoho 'Meets the Press'
- High Court Takes Up Fight Over Obama Health Law
- Justices Take Up Heart of Health Care Overhaul Law
- Congressman Yoho Calls Farm Bill Failure a "Disappointment"
- The Affordable Care Act: What You Need To Know