October Jobs Report Leave Construction Workers Wanting More
More new home sales mean more projects for building contractor, Kara Bolton which should equal more jobs,but she’s been getting the job done with less employees working harder than normal.
“There also hasn’t been creation of those jobs as well, what we’re experiencing right now is a lot of these guys are working longer days and they’re also having to come in on saturdays as well to help keep up with the volume of work," says Bolton
The October unemployment rate went up a tenth of a percentage point to 7 point 9.
This figure contrasts the 171 thousand jobs that were added in October.
- Obama: New Jobs Report a Sign Economy on Rebound
- Construction industry calls on more workers
- Construction in Poe Springs Park Nears Completion
- DCF Reports Lower Numbers of Children Being Placed in Foster Care
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Rick Drummond Prepares Leave County Manager Seat as Betty Baker Steps in
- Drive-By Shooting in Belleview Leaves 1 Man Dead and 1 Injured
- Cluster of Sinkholes in Suwannee County Leaves Man at the Mercy of FEMA
- Technical Failure in Archer Leaves Thousands in the Dark
- Gainesville Elementary School Makes a Learning Opportunity of the Presidential Election