Americans Frustrated About Healthcare Website
Just hours ago President Obama said there is "no excuse" for the major technical problems with the website healthcare.gov.
"There is no sugar coating iT. The website has been too slow, people have been getting stuck during the application process and I think it is fair to say nobody is more frustrated about that than I am," said President Obama.
The White House said more than 19 million people have visited healthcare.gov since enrollment opened up October 1, 2013..
Since then, millions have complained about difficulty logging in, repeated error messages and long waits.
"The site was down in the very beginning because so many people were trying to get on it and see what was available for them. I am sure that with any new kind of program there always seems to be some glitches," said Tina Wolf.
Wolf, who is a local navigator with Epilepsy Foundation of Florida, said the technical problems seem to be improving.
"We have found that at this time the bugs seem to be getting worked out little by little and more people are able to get on there and find out what plans are available for them to choose," said Wolf.
Wolf said she has yet to help someone navigate through the healthcare. gov website, which is a free service for everyone.
"We have not had many people. It's kind of been trickling in and out. I do think that that is because of the problems in the beginning," said Wolf.
Wolf believes many locals may wait to enroll until the website is working properly.
"I think we are going to see more people as we continue towards January," said Wolf.
President Obama said IT experts are working to fix the website. According to officials, a half million people have applied for insurance on the federal- and state-run websites.
- Sebelius Testifies About Healthcare.gov
- Area Syrian-Americans Weigh in on Overseas Crisis
- American Red Cross Seeking Donations For Victims of Hurricane Sandy
- Interview With American Honeybee Princess Emily Campbell
- Application Frustration
- New Cigarette Tax Frustrates Local Businesses
- New Drivers License Regulations Cause Frustration
- Residents, County Officials Vent Frustrations at Bradford County Delegation Meeting
- Nurses Voice Frustration Over Hospital's Troubles
- Teachers Voice Frustration With Evaluations in Face-to-Face Meeting With Lawmakers