Man kicked off UF campus
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- A man was trespassed from ther UF campus last Thursday for walking into Walker Hall and verbally harassing two professors.
Thomas John Kelly walked into the offices of the African American Studies department and attempted to engage in a debate with the two people staff members there. The professors described his statements as racist.
"The way our offices are set up there was nowhere for us to go and he was blocking the door, if he had a weapon we had nowhere to go it made me feel very helpless at the time," said Sharon Burney, a research associate at the department.
The university says they are working to come up with possible security improvements.
- Trail Life USA Kicks Off
- Safe Sleep Campaign Kicks Off
- Science Fair Kicks Off in Ocala
- Alachua Co. Kicks Off New State Ed Program
- SEC Football Preview Kicks Off
- Gator Jazz and Blues Festival Kicks Off Homecoming Weekend
- Alachua County Kicks Off School Superintendent Search With Public Forum
- Kick off Summer with Festive Decorations
- "Kick Off For a Cure" for Cystic Fibrosis This Saturday
- Hotels Not Completely Booked For Kick-Off Game