UPDATE: City speaks about developing East Gainesville
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- One year after promises to add a Golden Corral, Applebees and numerous other businesses and services to East Gainesville, Commissioner Charles Goston provided an update to TV20 news.
He explained that even though none of those mentioned franchises have since moved into East Gainesville, he stood by the promises, and said that there were hurdles being faced and that the responsibility for the matter was now mostly in the hands of the city manager.
"Those are all in the pipeline, but if the city manager doesn't act on it they are gonna stay in the pipeline," said Mr. Goston.
He did cite several improvements in East Gainesville including new housing developments. A call was placed to the city manager and was transferred to the city spokesman who has so far not returned a voicemail.
- UPDATE: 13th St. and University Ave. development
- Hernandez Update: Accomplice Ortiz Speaks to Investigators About Handgun
- Update: County knew about fire station closure ahead of time
- New developments announced for East Gainesville
- Update: Tent City Residents Forced to Move...Again
- UPDATE: Sunday Shooting in Southwest Gainesville
- Gainesville City Commissioner Wants To See Changes In East Gainesville Redevelopment
- Lake City Pastor Speaks Out About His Church's Nativity Scene
- Residents speak to city leaders about issues facing westside Ocala
- City and county provide free wi-fi to east Gainesville