Female Dragster Driver
She's competeing with the big boys and is the number one top fuel driver in her class.
Hillary Will says she's been racing for as long as she can remember.
TV 20's Duke Carter reports she is racing with an 8000 horsepower machine.
Its a busy day at Gator Nationals
"where are you guys from?"
Racers were signing autographs.
"thank you its nice to be back."
And the pit crew, working on this racer.
"top fuel dragster driver."
She drives this machine that can hit high speeds.
"0 to over 300 miles per hour in about 3 and half to 4 seconds."
Being the only female in her class she hopes to inspire others.
"and its really cool for me because I hope I can encourage other young women and femails to berak into a male dominated field like law or business."
Will says she got bitten by the "race bug" as a child when her father took her to races.
The Ecnomics major turned professional racer is now pleased to race regardless of her gender.
"thats what I wanted to do, til I go to the professional ranks I was actually asked what's it like to be a female driver and I was like what do you mean, I just want to race."
And she expects some bumps in the road to reach number one at Gator Nationals.
"there's 22 dragsters only 16 qualify so we got to get in the show first."
First place - the only spot this driver is racing to win.
Duke Carter TV 20 News.
- Female Driver Racing With The Boys This Weekend In Lake City
- First Female QB in Florida Takes Field
- Obama: Afghan Shooting Inquiry Will Be Thorough
- Scott: Fla. Economy Will Improve More Under Romney
- How Will JPMorgan's $2B Loss Affect Banking Rules?
- Gatornationals Coverage- Antron Brown Arrives In Gainesville As Reigning Top Fuel Champ
- Gator Nationals Wraps Up
- Hillary Clinton turns down movie role
- 'Hot Rodding' For Heroes
- Homeless Female Veterans