Former Gator & High Springs Mayor Larry Travis Passes Away
GAINESVILLE- Former Gator lineman Larry Travis passed away on Tuesday due to bladder cancer according to his family.
Travis is a UF Hall of Famer and played for the Gators in the 1960's. He also coached at UF & four other schools during a 19 year coaching career.
From there Travis went into administrative duties at Georgia Tech & the US Naval Academy before becoming the Athletic Director at Kansas State and Westren Carolina.
Travis returned to North Central Florida and served as Mayor of High Springs.
There will be a service this Saturday at 3pm in the Touchdown Terrace at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium and will be open to anyone who wishes to pay their respects.
The Travis family ask that in lieu of flowers, please consider a donation to the Gator Letterman's Club.
- Former Gator Larry Travis Remembered at Memorial Service
- High Springs Dog With Extremely Rare Condition Passes Away
- Former Gator Coach Dave Fuller Passes Away
- Former Alachua County Sheriff Joe Crevasse Passes Away at Age 96
- High Springs' Mayor's Economic Development Task Force
- One Voice: Larry Travis
- Former UF Agriculture Dean Larry Connor Dies
- Gator Football Legend Passes Away
- Breaking News: Current & Former Gators Arrested
- D'Aisha Porter Passes Away