North Marion, Dixie Co. Football Win, Buchholz Falls On Thursday Triple-Header
GAINESVILLE- North Central Florida played host to three high school football games Thursday night, as North Marion and Dixie County came out as the local winners.
In Alachua, the Colts rallied from a 7-0 deficit in the second quarter to beat Santa Fe 14-7 and eliminate the Raiders postseason hopes.
"Our kids played their tails off. Just too many turnovers against a good team," said Raiders head coach Bill Wiles.
Meanwhile, Dixie County led 46-3 at halftime and routed Newberry 52-11 in front of a Newberry crowd that included Florida head coach Will Muschamp watching from the sidelines (Gators commit Duke Dawson is a defensive back for the Bears).
Finally, Buchholz also watched its playoff hopes come to an end as it closed strong against Jacksonville Fletcher, but ultimately losing 31-24 at Citizens Field.
- Six Football Players Celebrate Signings at North Marion, Oak Hall Girls Lacrosse Gets Win
- District Softball: Bradford, Dixie County Win, Trenton Falls
- GHS Dominant Over North Marion in Spring Football Game, Vanguard Defense Stout but Falls Short
- Final Farewell Friday For North Marion Football Coach Craig Damon
- Gator Football Roundup: Muschamp Just Wants to Win, D-Line Pressures, Secondary Gets Picks
- Purple Hurricanes Win, GHS Advancing to Class 6A State Football Title Game
- Gator Roundup: Men's Basketball Stunned in Arizona, Women Get First Road Win, Football Adds Another Recruit
- Buchholz Falls in Spring Football Game, Plus Other Area Scores
- Dixie County and Trenton Football Prepare for 1A Semifinals
- Dixie County's Kyle Lamar Wins Week 9 High School Play Of The Week!