Damontre Harris No Longer With Gators
GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Redshirt junior Damontre Harris will not continue with the Florida Gators men’s basketball program.
Harris transferred to UF in 2012 and sat out of practice most of his redshirt season (2012-13) with an injury. He has been suspended since the beginning of the season and never appeared in a game at UF.
“He was never disrespectful as far as his attitude,” head coach Billy Donovan said. “He was a nice kid and never blamed anybody for what was happening. We tried to help him off the court and help him with some of the challenges he was dealing with, but there was never this reciprocation of wanting to be helped, or wanting to do the things necessary.”
Harris completed the semester at Florida in good academic standing and has been granted permission to transfer to any school without restrictions.
- Billy Donovan Addresses NBA Rumors/Transfers/Damontre Harris
- Treon Harris Named Gators Backup Quarterback
- Gators Roll to Victory Over Eastern Michigan; Jake McGee Out for Season
- Gators Fall in Last Seconds to LSU
- Gator Football Crumbles Late, Falls to South Carolina
- Gator Hoops Pick Up USC Transfer Damontre Harris
- Can Allegations Against Harris Affect Gator Team?
- UF Basketball Player Arrested
- Homecoming Flop, Missouri Throttles Florida
- Florida Overpowers Vanderbilt to Victory