Jerky Treats Harming Pets
Thousands of pets are getting sick from what appears to be because of treats their owners are giving them.
Since 2007, more than 3,600 dogs and 10 cats became sick after eating jerky treats.
And 580 of them have died.
The common link seems to be the treats were made in China.
They are sold under a variety of brand names.
After 1,200 tests done by the food and drug administration, veterinarians still can't determine exactly why the pets are getting sick.
As a result, dogs and cats can suffer from a decreased appetite, decreased activity, vomiting and diarrhea.
For more information about the treats or how to report a problem, copy this link: http://www.fda.gov/animalveterinary/safetyhealth/productsafetyinformation/ucm295445.htm
- Pesticide May Harm Bees
- FDA Issues Warning for Dog Jerky
- Florida's New Child Abuse Law Could Cause More Harm Than Good
- Gas Prices Lower
- A New Beginning for One Jacksonville Family
- Thousands of Letter Openers From Around The World On Display
- Mandela Mourned as Inspiration in Many Struggles
- SweetBerries "Treat for Treat"
- Ryan O'Neal Treated For Cancer
- 15 Postal Workers Treated After Leaky Package