Gainesville Fossil Trader is Arrested and Charged
GAINESVILLE- Federal Agents boxed up fossils that had been uncovered by a Gainesville dealer who is accused of running a black market in dinosaur bones.
Erik Prokopi was arrested and charged with multiple crimes related to a scheme to illegally import dinosaur fossils into the united states.
This follows an earlier civil suit against Prokopi, filed by a US attorney's office in New York.
- Former Gainesville fossil dealer sentenced
- Gainesville Man Charged With Smuggling Dinosaur Fossils Released on Bail
- Local Man Pleads Guilty to Dino Smuggling
- A New Beginning for One Jacksonville Family
- Adult Bullying, a Silent Problem
- "Thigh Gap:" A Dangerous New Trend
- Social Security Going Paperless in March
- One Case of Equine Herpes in Ocala Showgrounds
- Chocolates Help Create a Great Made in America Christmas
- A Great Made In America Christmas