Agro-Terrorism: From the Farm to the Fork
GAINESVILLE - Agro-terrorism is a purposeful attack which may have a political agenda behind it. But is florida at risk? Well experts tell me because Florida is a peninsula. It can attract unwanted visitors with harmful intentions.
"It's something you enjoy doing," Roger west has been in the cattle business for almost 70 years, practically his entire life. "I really enjoy taking these dogs and going out in the pasture, checking cows and making sure everything is going okay," he says.
Farming is a big deal as Florida's economy heavily depends on agriculture. The net farm income for this year is expected to be about 130 billion dollars. The highest since 1973, according to the United States Department of Agriculture. But we're not the only ones that know this, putting Florida on terrorists' radars.
- Florida's Agriculture Natural Resource and Food Industries on the Rise
- Petition opposes agricultural expansion for Paynes Prairie
- USDA Begins Tweeting Food Recall Alerts
- Agriculture Commissioner Seeks Answers For Rising Fuel and Food Prices
- Shovel & Duct Tape Bought Before Aguilar's Dissapearance
- Analysis: Obama, GOP Size Each Other Up for Deals
- Chiefland Logger Named Woman of the Year in Agriculture
- Proposed Farm Bill May Affect Low Income Residents The Most
- Phony Money In Gainesville & Ocala
- Duck Dynasty's Miss Kay Talks Faith, Family & Food