GPD Increases Patrol
While the bombings happened 1,200 miles away we're feeling the impact here in North Central Florida.
In Gainesville officers are keeping their eyes peeled for anything suspicious.
The Gainesville Police of Department has increased patrols at various infrastructure points around the city, which include Gainesville Regional Utilities, hospitals and municipal buildings.
Officers will also keep a close eye on places where there is a large population of people.
Public Information Officer Ben Tobias said they hope Boston was not the first of a multi stage attack, but they are not taking any chances.
"It's just one of those things. We are going to follow the story in boston to see what the intelligence is from that particular incident. See if it's going to have any far reaching affects and we will adjust our patrols as necessary from then," said Tobias.
Currently there is not a certain time limit on how long officers will patrol these areas.
Officer Tobias said reisdents should also watch out for anything unsusal or suspicious and if you do come across something it's best to report it.
- Gainesville Police Increasing Patrols for the Holiday Season
- Heightened Awareness At The Swamp, Following Boston Marathon Bombing
- Review of FBI Shooting of Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Still Ongoing
- 2 Dead and Scores Injured in Boston Marathon Bombings
- FBI Now In Charge of Boston Marathon Bombing Investigation
- Breaking News Boston: Images Released in Marathon Bombings
- Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect is Charged
- Police: Dead Boston Bombing Suspect Buried
- Boston Police: 3 More Suspects in Custody Bombings
- Boston Marathon Update & Gainesville's Reaction