10th Annual Celebration of Biotechnology
More than a tenth of the nation's bioscience companies now call the Sunshine State "home"-- and a high percentage are located in North Central Florida.
Today hundreds of people celebrated this year's milestones in biotechnology in our area at the 10th Annual Celebration of Biotechnology. The event was held at RTI Biologics in Progress Corporate Park and featured more than 70 scientific vendors. It also provided networking opportunities for engineers, researchers, and business leaders. Biotechnology professionals say Florida has had a 60 percent growth rate in their industry.
"We've had Nanotherapeutics receive a very large Department of Defense contract that will be worth over 200 million and bring a manufacturing facility to our area. The Sid Martin Biotech Incubation Program won an award as the best incubator in the world," Patti Breedlove (Sid Martin Biotechnology Incubator Associate Director) said.
RTI Biologics is expanding its presence in Progress Corporate Park by building a Logistics and Technology Center that will open next year.
- Students Join Celebration of Florida's Biotechnology Industry
- Hawthorne Celebrates 79th Annual Reunion
- Archer celebrates annual Yulee Day
- 10th Annual Dan Cross All Fundamentals Basketball Camp
- Mike Peterson's 10th Annual Bring It Youth Football Camp and Alachua Family Fun Day
- Third Annual Gator Fly-In Cancelled
- 50th Annual Fine Arts Festival in Cedar Key This Weekend
- Annual School Grades Fall Sharply Thanks to New Standards
- Governor Scott Touts Job Growth at Annual 'State of the State' Address
- NASA Celebrates Anniversary