Memorial Service Alachua County
GAINESVILLE - They're honoring those who sacrificed their lives for others even as service members put themselves in harms way overseas.
Local, and national leaders attended the Alachua County Ceremony at Forest Meadows Cemetery in Southeast Gainesville.
Leaders say the reason they attended was because they want residents to know they can not forget those who paid the ultimate price for freedom.
"The better we get at remembering that the less we are going to be sending our men and women into conflicts and it also hits home for what our nation stands for the core values the founding principles the idea of freedom and the God given rights protected by our constitution that's why these events are so important" US Congressman Ted Yoho said.
Forest Meadows officials say just over 350 people showed up to Monday's Memorial Service.
- Alachua County Fire... Saving Lives
- "Maddie's Pet Adoption Days" Comes to Gainesville
- Veterans Will See Cut in Pensions
- Alachua County Animal Services Over Capacity
- Stopping Deadly Virus at Alachua County Animal Services
- Alachua County Animal Services gives free microchips to pets
- Adoption Screening in Alachua County
- Town hall meeting to address poverty in Alachua County
- Veterans Fair hopes to bring support to homeless vets
- Memorial for Member of Gainesville Sports Commission