Peace Ribbon Project
GAINESVILLE - A busy North Central Florida roadway is being blanketed with an unusual memorial.
Workers from the "Peace Ribbon Project" set up more than 200 quilts along Northwest 8th Avenue near Westside Park.
The quilts represent soldiers who died fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Each Quilt has the name age and hometown of selected service members.
"I think this is one of many projects like the veterans for peace bob memorial mile that show the true cost of war and just make war less palatable and make war impossible," Peace Ribbon Project Coordinator Jackie Bentz said.
The quilts have been on display in other places such as the miami international film festival.
- Ribbon Cut on $1 Million Dollar Renovation Project in East Gainesville
- Yankees Project to Relocate to Ocala is On Hold
- Duke Energy Customers to Pay More for Failed Nuclear Plant Projects
- Sheriff's Blue Ribbon Task Force Approved
- Main Street Ribbon Cutting
- Maritime Simulator Makes Debut at Ribbon Cutting
- Ministry Cuts The Ribbon On 40-Unit Transitional Housing Complex For Homeless
- Shands Pediatric ER Ribbon Cutting
- Bush: Van Cliburn Spread Peace Through Music
- Peaceful Paths Day After The Fire