Zimmerman Trial: Day 12, Crime-Scene Evidence
Sanford, Fla. -- For the first time pictures of Trayvon Martin's body were shown to members of the jury.
Everything from Martin's Skittles and iced tea to Zimmerman's handgun were presented to the jury today, but most shocking were the pictures of Trayvon Martin's body.
As witnesses described what they first saw that night, pictures from the night of the shooting were revealed.
First to the witness stand this afternoon, Sgt. Anthony Raimondo Jr. who spoke of trying to revive the teenager when he arrived on scene.
During Raimondo's testimony, pictures of Martin's body lying in the grass were shown to the court.
Martin's mother Sybrina Fulton looked away, his father Tracy Martin left the courtroom visibly shaken.
Up next, crime scene technician Diana Smith who photographed the scene and collected evidence.
Smith showed the jury several key pieces of evidence: pictures on scene from the night of the shooting, Zimmeran's clothing, his handgun, and photographs of his injuries.
In cross examination by the defense, Martin's clothing was shown and Don West further discussed the collection of evidence.
Next on the witness stand this afternoon was Selene Bahadoor, a woman who lived at Twin Lakes in February of 2012.
She told attorneys she heard things and saw people outside her home thie night of the shooting, but couldn't make out exactly what was going on.
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Seven
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Five
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Six
- Zimmerman Trial: First Full Day For The Defense
- Zimmerman Trial: Judge Ruling on Other Zimmerman Phone Calls
- Zimmerman Trial: Not Guilty (Video)
- Zimmerman Trial: Hearing Over Audio Experts Still Undecided
- Zimmerman Trial: Judge Rules on Audio Experts
- Zimmerman Trial: Family Members Testify As Defense Opens Case
- Zimmerman Trial: Trayvon Martin's Father Testifies