Zimmerman Trial: Day Seven
Sanford, Fla. -- And then there were 40.
Day 7 in the trial of George Zimmerman finally reached the next phase of questioning to decide the final makeup of the jury.
40 jurors have now been chosen for the next selection phase, traditional voir dire, questioning done in a group setting.
8 of the 9 jurors questioned today will become part of the next group to be questioned by attorneys.
But all today were moderate in their opinions of George Zimmerman.
Jurors on Tuesday were, on average, a reserved bunch, expressing concern for both parties involved in the case.
Converstation moved quickly to the bench when the prosecution used the word "murdered" during their questioning of one juror.
Back when the trial began Judge Debra Nelson partially granted the defense a motion to keep certain inflamatory words out of juror questioning.
Still the day continued with thoughtfull responses from jurors having had already a week to reflect on this potential job.
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Five
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Six
- Zimmerman Trial: Day 12, Crime-Scene Evidence
- Zimmerman Trial: First Full Day For The Defense
- Zimmerman Trial: Judge Ruling on Other Zimmerman Phone Calls
- Zimmerman Trial: Not Guilty (Video)
- Zimmerman Trial: Hearing Over Audio Experts Still Undecided
- Zimmerman Trial: Judge Rules on Audio Experts
- Zimmerman Trial: Family Members Testify As Defense Opens Case
- Zimmerman Trial: Trayvon Martin's Father Testifies