Gas Prices on the Rise
Gas prices have soared since the holiday weekend.
The national average price for a gallon of gas is $3.64.
That's a 15 cent increase from last week and 20 cents higher than the average this time last year.
Residents across North Central Florida are definitely noticing the hike in gas prices.
The average price for a gallon of regular gas in Gainesville is $3.62, which is a little under the national average.
Some Gainesville residents said they aren't too happy about feeling the pressure at the pump.
"I saw the price a week ago and it was about 10 to 15 cents lower and I was disappointed that is was this high," said Paul Hennes.
"I came to that gas station over there two hours ago and it was $3.55. now it is $3.60," said Milton Latimer.
Prices for regular gas in Gainesville range from $3.58 a gallon all the way up to $3.79.
According to ABC News, there may be two reasons for the rise in gas prices.
one is the unrest in the Middle East that's creating instability in the global oil markets.
As well as summer vacation season.
- Gas Prices Continue To Rise
- Another Cold Night in California, Gas Prices Rise Again, and Future of Sandy Hook School Discussed
- Prices of Dairy Products to Rise, Farmers Benefit
- Gas Prices Lower
- How to Avoid Overspending With Rising Gas Prices
- Local Gas Prices on the Rise
- Gas Prices Rise, Spring Break Plans Still a Go
- College Students Trying to Keep Up with Rising Textbook Prices
- High Price of Racing
- Gas Prices Down