Gunman in Lake Butler Shooting Spree Left Behind a Note
Published August 26th, 2013
UNION COUNTY- The pieces are coming together, but a motive hasn't yet been found behind a deadly shooting spree in Lake Butler over the weekend.
The Union County Sheriff's Office says Hubert Allen Junior's attack was planned, and possibly not as deadly as it could've been.
Sheriff Jerry Whitehead announced that one of the shooting victims, Lewis Mabrey Junior is doing well in the hospital and is expected to be released this week.
Another victim, David Griffis, he described as in, "extremely critical," condition.
The entire Lake Butler community is praying for their recovery, just two of the victim's in Saturday's attack that the sheriff's office now says was all laid out in a suicide note.
When asked if Allen killed everyone he intended to in the note, Union County Sheriff, Jerry Whitehead replied,".... No sir, there was one other target indicated in the letter and we've interviewed him and he's fine."
That person was not identified.
Sheriff's office investigators recovered 3 weapons from Allen's truck including a .22 caliber rifle and 4-10 small bore shotgun and an unfired .32 caliber handgun.
Investigators say Allen retired-- on good terms-- from his job with Pritchett Trucking just days ago.
Marvin Pritchett's funeral will be held at First Christian Church of Lake Butler on Friday at 2 pm
- One Man Still In Critical Condition After Shooting In Lake Butler
- Five Shot and Three Dead in Lake Butler Shooting Spree
- Third Victim of Lake Butler Shooting Spree Dies
- Lake City Residents Waiting for Relief After Debby
- Ocala Man Denies Killing His Girlfriend
- Shooting at Gainesville Apartment Complex Lands One Man Behind Bars
- NAACP Calls for the Resignation of Lake City Police Chief and City Manager
- Lake City Residents Cleanup Mess Left Behind by Severe Storms
- One Man Multi-State Crime Spree Ends in Florida
- End of 2012 Atlantic Hurricane Season, Doesn't Mean an End to Recovery in Lake City