How Is North Central Florida Impacted by National Propane Shortage?
GAINESVILLE - A national shortage has stopped propane deliveries to North Central Florida...but companies are hopeful shipments will resume next week.
There is no pipeline that runs through Florida so all propane must be shipped in.
Construction and brutal cold have caused the national shortage, but for one locally owned Gainesville propane business - Davis Gas Company - their supply should last them.
Shannon Davis, manager of Davis Gas Company: "we got the phone call saying there's no more loads coming in so make due with what you have and luckily we had quite a bit in our storage tanks so right now we're ok."
They were told the shipments would resume next week out of Georgia and say they have not had to raise their prices yet.
- Lenders Halting Sale of Foreclosed Homes Will Impact North Central Florida
- Economy Having An Impact On North Central Florida's Horses
- Propane Shortage Statewide
- A Salute to Members of the Armed Forces in North Central Florida
- Bees Buzzing in North Central Florida for National Honeybee Day
- Another Case of Meningitis in North Central Florida
- FDLE Raids Three Internet Cafes Across North Central Florida
- North Central Florida Farmers Seeing Profits in Cotton
- Home Sales in North Central Florida Rise Significantly Compared to Last Year
- Schools Across North Central Florida Begin FCAT Testing