Funeral plans set for slain North Florida detective
MIDDLEBURG, Fla. (AP) - Funeral plans are set for a north Florida detective killed while investigating a tip about a meth lab.
Clay County Sheriff's Office Detective David White died Thursday after a shootout at a Middleburg home. A suspect also was killed, and another detective was wounded.
A viewing for White will be held Sunday afternoon at the Russell Haven of Rest Funeral Home in Green Cove Springs.
The funeral will be Monday morning at the First Baptist Church of Middleburg, followed by a burial at the Russell Haven of Rest Funeral Home.
White was a nine-year veteran of the sheriff's office, as well as an Army veteran. Sheriff Rick Beseler told The Florida Times-Union that White took pride as a bugler in the sheriff's office honor guard.
- Florida Funeral Planned for US Officer Killed in Kabul
- Thousands line streets for slain officer's funeral
- Clay County Detective Funeral
- Protests at Funerals May Come to an End in Florida if Legislation Passes
- NORTH CENTRAL FLORIDA ELECTIONS SET
- 2010 Ballot Is Set For North Central Florida
- Florida Board of Education Passes 6 Year Achievement Plan
- How Is North Central Florida Impacted by National Propane Shortage?
- Another Case of Meningitis in North Central Florida
- FDLE Raids Three Internet Cafes Across North Central Florida