Governor Attends Funeral
Funeral Services for the corrections officer killed at the Columbia Corrections Institute by an inmate are set for this morning.
Governor Rick Scott will be one of the many to attend the funeral of Ruben Thomas.
Services are set to take place at Christ Central church in Lake City at 11 am.
Thomas was stabbed to death by an inmate who was serving a life sentrnce for murder.
The prison put together a fundraiser that will be put into a special trust fund for the family.
So far they have raised over ten-thousand dollars, and are hoping to reach their goal of forty-thousand.
Fellow co-workers say Thomas was a well respected officer that was known for his hard work.
He leaves behind his fiancee, one-year-old daughter, and unborn child.
If you would like to donate, click on this link.
- Correctional Officer Charged With Possession of Child Pornography
- Donations For Killed Corrections Officer
- Neighbors voice concerns after corrections office shot, killed in driveway
- Florida Funeral Planned for US Officer Killed in Kabul
- Officer's Funeral in Melbourne
- Hillsborough Sheriff Donates Rehabilitated Horses To A Youth Ranch
- Gainesville student selected to attend program in D.C.
- Hundreds attend Ocala vigil supporting Orlando victims
- Van Poyck Executed for Murder of South Florida Corrections Officer
- Braddy Attends Democratic Black Caucus Forum While Lowe Attends Fundraiser