Mourning the Loss of Officer Killed in the Line of Duty
24 year old Sgt. Ruben Thomas was killed in the line duty at Columbia County Correctional Institution and today people mourned his loss in Lake City.
Hundreds of people were at the funeral, including police officers from all over Florida to honor one of their own.
He was a correctional officer in the prime of his career.
"He was a young sergeant, and he had just gotten promoted recently so he was definitely on his way up and this is the ultimate tragedy to have to end a life like this.
Those who attended the funeral wrote down memories they had of Sgt. Thomas, leaving them behind with his family so that his children can read the memories when they are older.
Sgt. Thomas leaves behind his wife and daughter, as well as his unborn son who will be named after him.
- Donations For Killed Corrections Officer
- Officer Killed in Line of Duty
- New law will aid families of officers and firefighters killed in line of duty
- Columbia County Inmates Shot by Gunman
- Neighbors voice concerns after corrections office shot, killed in driveway
- Correctional Officer Charged With Possession of Child Pornography
- Violent Criminal Organization In Columbia County Arrested
- Drug bust names 49 suspects
- Family mourns loss of man killed in PineRidge Apartments
- Law enforcement searching for missing Lake City woman