Published November 13th, 2012
GAINESVILLE - Florida's Governor Rick Scott helped with the grand opening of Mindtree's New Development Center. The company is expected to bring in 400 jobs over the next 5 years.
Co Founders of Mindtree has 47 employees already working for him here.
Mindtree software engineer Tara Parkins is one recent University of Florida Grad with a job.
"I applied and within a couple of weeks an interview had been planned and shortly thereafter I got an offer," Parkins said.
It's on the third floor of the Ayers Plaza building Parkins is getting the training she needs to keep her talent here in Gainesville.
Which is what Mindtree's Co-Founder KrishnaKumar Natarajan said he planned to do when he first came to Gainesville.
"We see the university of Florida being a big partner for us and really the quality of engineering there is really world class," Natarajan said.
KrishnaKumar Natarajan says based on the feedback he's predicting instead of 400 Hi-tech jobs it would triple to 1200 in Gainesville over the next five years.
- Governor Scott Rescheduled Gore Execution For October
- Governor Scott Enlists Support from Board of Education
- FL Lt. Governor Carlos Lopez-Cantera Visits Ocala Business Owners
- Governor Scott Full Interview
- Governor Scott Signs Death Warrant
- Governor Scott Pushes For Healthcare For Floridians
- Race to the Governor's Office
- Close Race to Governor's Mansion
- Vote 2014: Update on Governors Race Before Polls Close
- Governor Rick Scott Wins Re-Election